Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Gene: Champagne Supper



I know I’ve said this before, but really...this is one of my favorites! Gene in “Champagne Supper” is so elegant. Her beautiful auburn hair (that poor girl must have had her hair dyed more times than anyone else in Hollywood!), her fur collar, the shimmering dress...what a dish! I have placed Gene at the Los Angeles Biltmore Hotel; she looks lovely here wearing her Tim Kennedy circa 1957 outfit.

From the story card:

He flew to London all the way from Hollywood just to be with her. They had starred in a number of movies together, been the closest of friends for ages. But lately something new and profound has beeen dawning deep inside him whenever he thought of her…Gene Marshall.

He slipped the maitre ‘d a generous tip to ensure the evening would be perfect—candlelight and iced champagne. Whe sne appeared pausing with a dancer’s poise at the top of the hotel’s grand staircase, he was as speechless as a boy with his first crush. She was so lovely, so incandescent, every inch a star…and a genuinely wonderful woman.




To see more Los Angeles photos, visit my regular website.

To see my Gene Marshall photos, visit my regular website.

No comments:

Post a Comment