Friday, June 4, 2010

Gene, Chris Stoeckel, & Vertigo



From the moment I saw his work, I wanted to have a Chris Stoeckel design; perfect tailoring on authentically vintage outfits. This guy is a talent. Here you can see photos of my first commission, which was inspired by the Edith Head designs for Hitchcock’s movie “Vertigo.” If you are a Hitchcock buff, then you'll know that Hitch often put his blondes in gray, even though gray is not typically a great color for them. Especially in this movie, it worked well for the mysterious character of Madeleine Elster, expertly played by Kim Novak. Chris did a fantastic job of not only creating this outfit, but in picking out the perfect fabrics as well.



Follow my Gene Marshall updates on Twitter. See more San Francisco photos at my regular website. View more Gene Marshall & Friends photos at my regular website.

No comments:

Post a Comment