Friday, February 18, 2011

The Perfect Gift



While I was shooting Silhouette of the 40's, I decided to shoot her in another outfit as well, and Perfect Gift was handy. I will probably do this outfit again, as the photo shoot lacked the jewelry as well as any poses that really seemed exciting. Here is what I came up with for this circa 1947 outfit designed by Regina Ganem, The Young Designers of America Winner.



From the story card:

A successful New York City Doctor and a Hollywood star skated at Rockefeller Center as holiday music played. It was a reunion with one of Gene’s closest friends from Cos Cob. They rented skates and had a wonderful afternoon on the ice. As dusk fell, Gene said “Thank you for this perfect gift.” “But I haven’t given you any present!” protested her friend. “Oh, but you have,” insisted Gene. “That’s just about the most perfect gift of all!”



I find it hard to believe that Gene would wear this outfit in NYC in the middle of winter, but what do I know. Hopefully she had her mink coat with her...which is maybe what I will pull out when I reshoot this outfit.



Follow my Gene Marshall, Madra Lord, Zita Charles, Violet Waters, Trent Osborn, and other classic movie star doll updates on Twitter. See more Gene Marshall photos at my regular website.

No comments:

Post a Comment