Sunday, February 17, 2013

Diane Wagner's "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes"



The Marilyn Monroe movie "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes" is one of those movies that I consider sheer perfection. I cannot think of a single moment that should be changed. The chemistry between Jane Russell and Monroe is fantabulous, and the supporting cast is no less brilliant. This leopard-trimmed outfit that Monroe wears as she enters the cruise ship is one of my very favorite costumes that she wears in the film. Designed by Travilla, it fits her like a glove and shows off every sensuous curve of her body.



Recently, Diane Wagner did her take on this outfit and I snatched it up. It sure looks beautiful on "Fit For A Queen" Gene Marshall.



I did my best to match the jewelry Monroe wore, but at some point in the future will probably do another photo shoot with pieces that come closer. The "diamond" brooch is from the All About Eve trunk set.



The outfit was barely out of the carton before I was photographing it - I like it that much!





Many thanks to Diane for bringing this outfit to life; she hit another home run as far as I'm concerned!

Follow my Gene Marshall, Madra Lord, Zita Charles, Violet Waters, Trent Osborn, Poppy Parker, and other classic movie star doll updates on Twitter. See more Gene Marshall doll photos on my Gene Marshall doll web pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment