Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Treasured Composition



When it comes to collecting vintage dolls, few are coveted or treasured as much as the original Ideal composition Shirley Temple dolls. Even more difficult is finding one still in good shape; typically the eyes have clouded, the composition crazes/cracks, and the outfits are moth-eaten and faded. Somehow I lucked out in acquiring this rare gem. I am guessing that the hair and waist ribbons have been replaced, but the rest is in its glorious original condition.



How about that tag?



Just for comparison, here is a Danbury Mint porcelain reproduction of the Ideal original. I replaced the horrid synthetic wig with a mohair one. Still cute, but lacks the charm of the original.



See more Shirley Temple doll photos at my main website.

Follow my Gene Marshall, Madra Lord, Zita Charles, Violet Waters, Trent Osborn, Poppy Parker, and other classic movie star doll updates on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment