Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Temple Tuesday: Shirley Holds Her Head



Here is a vintage shot of Shirley Temple at the Ideal Doll factory with Dr. Albert Miller, head chemist for Ideal Toy Company. I have to admit, this photo is just a tiny bit creepy with adult Shirley taking a look at vinyl childhood Shirley...without any hair. Still, I can't avoid zooming in for a closeup.



And a shot of the final product, once painted, dressed, and given a golden curly rooted synthetic hairdo.





NOTE: It was just brought to my attention that the doll head belongs to a baby doll; not the Shirley Temple 1950's vinyl doll I have posted photos of here. That's somewhat of a relief, as I couldn't quite see how that big creepy head could become a Shirley doll.

See more Shirley Temple doll photos at my main website.

Follow my Gene Marshall, Madra Lord, Zita Charles, Violet Waters, Trent Osborn, Poppy Parker, and other classic movie star doll updates on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment