Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Temple Tuesday: This Fabulous Century



Anybody out there remember Time-Life and their plethora of book series? Every month, you'd get a new volume and before you knew it, your library was full. The Civil War, The Old West, World War II, and my very favorite titled This Fabulous Century. I specifically remember the volume that covered the 1930s-1940s and its 4-page spread on Shirley Temple, who I had discovered every Sunday on TV. The first photo in today's post shows two of those pages. I poured over each one countless times and wondered if I would one day have an original Shirley Temple doll...or maybe even a trunk!?!



It took many years before it happened, but yes...dreams do come true. Here's one of my original composition dolls, a creamy 18" model sporting the Music Note dress from the 1935 film "Our Little Girl."



Wearing an original pin, she really is a beauty. Did I ever get a trunk? Stay tuned...

See more Shirley Temple doll photos at my main website.

Follow my Gene Marshall, Madra Lord, Zita Charles, Violet Waters, Trent Osborn, Poppy Parker, and other classic movie star doll updates on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment