Saturday, August 25, 2018

Sandra Stillwell Sophisticated Lady, Pt. 1



When Sandra Stillwell announced that her 2018 Convention would be in Cleveland, I'll admit that initially I groaned. Cleveland, Ohio wasn't exactly on my bucket list of places I wanted to visit. So why did I find myself boarding a plane to Cleveland anyway, you ask?

Because Sandra always delivers. Regardless of the city, Sandra Stilwell goes overboard to make sure her attendees have the most memorable time possible, and this year's “Sophisticated Lady” was no exception. As soon as I deplaned my red-eye flight, I was in the workroom of the Crowne Plaza, snapping photos of Sandra's new collection. But that's for another post. Today's post starts off on the first tour of the Convention, when Sandra had us whisked off to Stan Hywet Hall and Gardens.

If you think the house looks incredible, you're dead wrong...



because that’s just the carriage house. Hang on while we journey up the road a bit to the main mansion. Looks like Wayne Manor, doesn't it? Nope, it was the home of F. A. Seiberling, founder of the Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company. Built between 1912 and 1915, I can't even imagine the upkeep it would require.



Here's the entryway...you'll need to remember this for later on.



I'm all about the details. I hurriedly snapped this one as we were shuffled into the entryway to begin our tour.



Just a few highlights:









How about your own indoor pool?!?



Proof that I took these shots. Thanks Wayne!



In the attic area, a few of the family's vintage outfits were brought out of storage for us to peruse. Sadly, the guides forgot to show us the one that Sandra had recreated for us!



A few of our group after the tour when we were allowed to roam the property at our leisure:



Yes, we like to have fun.



The landscaping and gardens on the property were beautiful, too.









Cindy and Lynne take a rest on the butterfly bench:



Don't get too comfortable! We're on the way to Kent State to see the Katharine Hepburn exhibit!

See more Sandra Stillwell convention photos at my website. You can order these Sandra Stillwell outfits at her website...while they last!

No comments:

Post a Comment