Tuesday, August 9, 2011

We Still Love Lucy: The Operetta



In celebration of what would have been Lucille Ball's 100th Birthday last week, I am going to feature a few tribute posts to this comic legend. Today's entry features the Mattel Lucy doll based on an October 13, 1952 episode of "I Love Lucy" titled "The Operetta."

Always trying to crash her way into show business, Lucy is determined to be heard above the other (trained) singers during the number "Queen of the Gypsies."



Once you hear Lucy sing this song, you'll never get it out of your head!



Mattel has done an outstanding job of capturing her comic facial expression as well as the outfit with this 12" doll. The sculpt is out of this world.





Follow my Gene Marshall, Madra Lord, Zita Charles, Violet Waters, Trent Osborn, Poppy Parker, and other classic movie star doll updates on Twitter. See more I Love Lucy doll photos at my regular website.

No comments:

Post a Comment