Sunday, May 7, 2017

Who Wears it Better?



Cleo was a character in the film "The Big Broadcast of 1938" portrayed by Shirley Ross. Although most today have probably never heard of the film, dollmaker Robert Tonner created a porcelain doll honoring Cleo as part of his Edith Head collection.



I thought Gene Marshall would look darn good in this outfit, too, so I decided to let her try it on including the wig.



As you can see, it fits just right! The earring posts are a bit big for a resin Gene, so they would need to be filed down. I let Photoshop fix it for now!



One thing from the movie that many people DO remember is the song "Thanks for the Memory" which became Bob Hope's theme song.

See more Gene Marshall photos at my website.

Follow my Gene Marshall, Madra Lord, Zita Charles, Violet Waters, Trent Osborn, Poppy Parker, and other classic movie star doll updates on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment