Sunday, July 3, 2011

Grace Kelly & Jet Set Chic



Grace Kelly is seeing a resurgence in the doll world, thanks to Mattel. Recently, they have released her in the 12" format wearing a costume from "To Catch a Thief," and they have also announced future Grace dolls as well.



The upcoming Bridal Grace from Mattel:



And her trousseau:





Based on the photos, I still prefer the Franklin Mint sculpt. If only her eyes hadn't been painted as if she were a deer in the headlights! I have done my best to fix that with photoshop for this particular shoot, as I haven't been brave enough (yet) to fix it permanently with my paint brush.

My FM Grace featured in this post is modeling Jet Set Chic, a Madame Alexander outfit created for her Grace Kelly doll. As you can see, Alex bears very little resemblance to the actress:



Jet Set Chic is loosely based on the outfit Grace wore in this photo of her with President Kennedy & Jackie:



Talk about smoldering looks; damn!



Back to Madame Alexander's outfit. It is very well-made, but definitely a bit snug on the FM Grace. The shoes are not a great fit for FM Grace, nor is the hat, which I had to use glue dots to get to stay on. Even for Alex though, the feathered hat is much too small compared to what Princess Grace actually wore.









Follow my Gene Marshall, Madra Lord, Zita Charles, Violet Waters, Trent Osborn, Poppy Parker, and other classic movie star doll updates on Twitter. See more Gene Marshall photos at my regular website.

No comments:

Post a Comment