Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Gene: Love At First Sight



Gene is pure 1940 vintage in this Dolly Cipolla creation that looks like a delicious mocha dream come to life. I placed her in New York City in front of Radio City Music Hall (a photo I shot back in 2001) since the story card places this particular tale in the Big Apple. From the story card:

“Look at the time!” Cedric Beston (who was one of the world’s most respected photographers) snapped his pocket watch shut. “Here I am photographing a most promising model and time has just slipped by.”

Gene, still new to New York and to modeling, blushed prettily at Mr. Beston’s off-hand compliment.

“I’m supposed to photograph Elsie Paxwell’s cocktail soirĂ©e tonight for ‘Deluxe’ magazine,” he continued, “but I’m afraid your glow has thoroughly bewitched me”I really must be off immediately, my dear.”


To see more New York City photos, visit my regular website.

To see my Gene Marshall photos, visit my regular website.

No comments:

Post a Comment