Thursday, December 3, 2009

Rhett Butler: Return to Charleston



I figured a good place to put Rhett Butler was Charleston, the city he was going to after he told Scarlett he didn’t give a damn. Wearing the white suit he wore when he rescued Scarlett from Atlanta and the Burning Depot, Rhett looks mighty dapper. The Franklin Mint sure did a great job in the sculpt of this vinyl portrait doll; probably the best likeness of Clark Gable I have seen. Neither of the Tonner versions come anywhere close to this one; Mattel’s version is very good, but in the 16" vinyl category, the Franklin Mint wins hands down.

To see more Charleston photos, visit my regular website.

To see my Gene Marshall photos, visit my regular website.

2 comments:

  1. I love this photo. Scarlett must be tagging right behind. I like that you were able to match the lighting of the scene with the doll well. You are so lucky to have seen so many places, Dave. Thank you very much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raphael - Thanks for the compliments on my photo - much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete