Saturday, November 7, 2009

Gene: The End of the Line



By now, I am sure that most Gene fans have heard the news that Mel & Gene are “pulling a Garbo.” Yes, Gene is retiring at the top of her game (or pretty darn close) next year, and will no longer have any new outfits or hairdos for us to purchase. It’s a mixed reaction; on one hand, my wallet is very happy. On the other, it’s always been great to have something new to look forward. Still, I believe it was a very wise decision for Mel, who obviously has many other fish that he wants to fry. I can only imagine what this will do to the price of Gene; now that it’s official that she won’t be made anymore, I predict there will be a flurry of activity from people who will want to grab her up as fast as possible. This announcement will probably hike up prices on the secondary market—ouch!

Meanwhile, photos of the new Gene to be released next Spring have been released. Her title is “It’s A Cinch.”

“Gene wears a sophisticated black satin dress with puffed bell sleeves and a tiny belted waist, atop the trim skirt. The dress has a pussycat bow at the throat, stylish kitty's ears in emerald green felt atop the hat, and a handbag of stenciled leopard. Meow. Other accessories include wrapped ankle ties on the black, sling-back pumps, matching elbow-length gloves, and earrings of "emeralds" set in "gold". Gene's honey blond hairstyle is a tight, braided bun in the back and a sculpted roll from the crown to the forehead. She comes with pale grey brows and eye shadow and a vivid red mouth. It doesn't get any more glamorous than this!”

Although I believe I can pass on this outfit (it looks more Madra than Gene to me), I am very much looking forward to seeing what the final creations for Gene will be at the Convention. I am sure she will go out with a “bang”!




To see more Gene Marshall photos, visit my regular website.

No comments:

Post a Comment